Friday 22 March 2013

Diary of Promotional Film

Log of how I put together the filming

Today is the day my and I have started to make our promotional film for the college. We so far have outside shots of the college and interviews to link with the rest of the video. I am now editing the footage together to make the film.
The first thing I did was run Adobe Premier Elements 10 on my computer. This is the best program to put together a film like the one we’re making. I ran the program and clicked new project. Once the program loaded up, I went to file; get media from; files and folders. Once I did this, it should let you select the folder that you want to import to the stage of the program. I then searched through my folders and chose import folder, not open because this just opens one clip, not the whole file of clips.

Once that was done loading, my clips were now in the projects part of my timeline, ready to be edited.
All I had to do was put the clips into the right order and add the music and narration to the timeline, its basically that simple to use.
As I now knew how to put each part of the video into place, I had to deal with the soundtrack to the video now, which is very simple to do too. Like importing the videos, I just went to file and import and just chose the one soundtrack, not the folder again. I already had the folder so I didn’t need to import it again. So, file;get media from; from file and folders. And I only chose the audio track as you can see.
Once again I just dragged the audio onto the timeline so it could play along side the video. I chose to put it on the soundtrack line so it would play in the background if I wanted any narration or video audio in the clip.
I added effects to each of the clips including changing the colour saturation and fading in and out of audio and video.

With fading, its probably the most simpliest part of the entire making process. On the timeline, you have to right click on the specific clip or audio that I want and I just have to click to fade and whatever choice I want to choose.
Once I chose what I wanted to do with the clip, I then had to choose what point I wanted to fade the clip out and how long I wanted the fade to last. The picture shows what I mean by choosing the length of the fade. The yellow line I had to move backwards so that the fade would last longer.
To change the colour saturation, I had to click the specific clip again but this time I had to go to the effects icon at the top of the program. To get it up, you have to go to the top which is ‘Edit;Effects’. With this, I just looked for three way colour correcter. This effect makes you edit the colour of the clip to make it what colour you decide. I did this with every clip to make it look much brighter. As you can see from the images below the before and after of the image as you can see, the clip looks much brighter.
I did this with each of the clips to make them brighter.
The next thing I did was sort the audio out because it started with no audio on the clips and all the sound coming from the soundtrack. To start I had to add keyframes to the soundtrack so it can fade out and in. to do this all I had to do was press this button on the timeline.
Once you click this, a keyframe appears on the timeline of the soundtrack . It appears like this and you choose where you want the music to fade out. The last part of the audio is making sure the volume is correctly. The way I did this is by pressing this button. Once I pressed this I chose audio mix. Audio mix makes sure what level to put each volume limit on each one. To do this, I made the soundtrack volume lower and the audio from the clip louder.
The final part of the video is my picture which I made on photoshop. This was simple too, I just added the picture onto the timeline and added it into place.
The next thing I did was render the promotional film. All I had to do was press enter, it was that simple. Once I did, this popped up and told me the progress of the video rendering. I knew it was finished when the green line hits the top of the timeline.
This green line above my timeline on premeire elements shows the entire clip has been rendered, which means its ready to be upload and saved as one whole clip.
Once I had finished rendering the video, I then uploaded it as a web file so I could uploaqd it to any website of my choice like blogger or YouTube.
When it reached 100%, I checked my work folder to check the file was ready to use and worked properly.
P.E had exported the files into the selected folder I chose and split each of them up for me. The main file is the one highlighted in blue which is a flash file. P.E also exported the file into an internet file, so the video will connect straight to the internet and play straight away.
The next step was uploading the file to the internet though blogger or youtube.


i uploaded the film to both blogger and youtube. Overall I am quite proud of the work I have put into making the film, I uploaded the file to blogger so that it can be marked, and youtube so I can gather feedback from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment