Monday 3 December 2012

Evaluation

Evaluation



This is an evaluation to confirm that I have completed my website and everything works. I have managed my time properly and managed to get my website completed on the set amount of time. This is an in depth evaluation on how I wanted my website to look first, my planning and if it met the success that I planned it out to have. Original Intentions My original intentions for my website were very clear. I started by looking at holiday websites that advertise to the target audience like myself and older. What I found out was all of the websites I researched had a similar theme. The theme was all of the websites were all trying to attract the same target audience, which were young adults that are looking to get away on holiday maybe for a gap year away from studies. It was obvious by the bright colours and texts that they all had, the pictures which all were of young adults enjoying the time of their lives. So then I knew what I wanted my website to look like. With everything beginning I started my assignment diary which linked with this assignment to keep track of everything I did in each lesson.

My original idea was something like this:

  The colours all represented something and the texts all connected with someone of my age group. The good thing about creating a website that’s meant at my target age range is that I’m in that age range. This made the entire project much easier to think about. The text was a smart but silly bubble text which highlights that the website is professional, but it doesn’t take itself seriously too much. The colours were all to do with the setting, which is Australia. The yellow because the Sun is always out (it’s a stereotype but the sun is out a lot of time). The colour yellow and blue are to do with the sand and sea, which links with something’s like surfing and swimming. All of these things make me think of Australia and going on holiday, having a good time. The image is of the draft sketch which I made on the computer. This was just the test of the website but I made each page look attractive and professional. Production Process I started making my website straight away from creating the drafts and storyboards. I knew that we were going to be using Adobe Flash to create the website, so we had help creating test runs with Flash. I practised many times by creating test websites and linking them to others. I did this a couple of times till I got the hang of what I was doing. When I started the website properly, I decided to use a different method to the rest of the class because I understood the method I used better. It didn’t affect anything to do with the website; it was just a different method. Once I created the website storyboards, I continued to log in what I was doing every lesson Time Management I managed my time properly by deciding what I would do each lesson by writing it in my diary and trying to make it happen by the end. This was an effective way of doing it and I did get the tasks done in the amount of time I set myself. I planned my time out more effectively by doing all of the difficult tasks first then doing the more simple tasks last. I started by making all of the pages then linking the websites together. This was something which confused me a little bit, but I got it done eventually. The deadline for the website is 30th November 2012, which means everything has to be complete by then; the website, diary, storyboards and evaluation.

I completed all of the written work quite early on the assignment and started the website quite early. I finished the website early too and started to start the evaluation quite early, so meeting the deadline was something I did.

The Finished Product On the left side is the finished website, and on the right is storyboarded draft that I made. Obviously I made some changes to the finished one because the first was just a storyboard and a draft. But everything I made to begin with was made successful and more. I didn’t think at the beginning the website would be successful and it wouldn’t work at all, but it was a complete success.

No comments:

Post a Comment